Thursday 6 February 2020

Learning about 3 D shapes

Well after the field trip to Kids Plaza this week we were all very tired on Friday. The children had a lot of fun playing with the music instruments, costumes, interactive games and science activities. 

This week we started learning about 3 D shapes and made some with paper. The main ones that were introduced were: cube, cuboid (rectangular prism), square and triangle based pyramids, cone, sphere, cyclinder and triangular prism. I showed the children posters of these shapes and then they went around the class to find toys or objects that match those shapes. We also did a picture sort in groups in which they had to glue the picture into the correct category. 





In literacy, I listened to the children read and the sight words for this week were: I'm (I am), got, don't (do not) and we revised same again.

For inquiry, I wanted the children to be risk-takers and try to come up with an idea for an painting by themselves. The only thing I helped them with was a squiggly line through the middle of the page. After, I told them we would join all the paintings together to make a big group painting. Everyone did a great job of letting the art inspire them. 


 

 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment